11.9.09

2:00 AM...



... a-little-bit-of Insomnia + Showtime + this Movie:



"This movie seriously is one of the saddest films I have ever seen, but I felt it was very maturely handled.
The actors are great and the story is very touching, to watch these two boys from two completely different worlds who come together just to have fun, be boys, not because of the difference of their background."

"Set during World War II, a story seen through the innocent eyes of Bruno, the eight-year-old son of the commandant at a concentration camp, whose forbidden friendship with a Jewish boy on the other side of the camp fence.
The boys have a great friendship talking every day, enjoying the company. But when the father gives Bruno a Nazi propaganda loving tutor, Bruno becomes confused, is his father an evil man or is his friend the evil one? Love his country and do his duty or don't judge and just stay true to his friend? Bruno must decide all this with some scary consequences ahead of him."

"The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is a fantastic film, though if you see it, I do recommend bringing the tissues. I couldn't believe the chemistry they had with these two young actors, they worked so well together as these innocent boys who both have no idea what's going on.
Bruno doesn't know why his friend is behind fences, and his friend doesn't know why he's there either. The ending is extremely powerful and the story keeps you interested. I do recommend seeing The Boy in the Striped Pajamas."

I'm a BIG time movie watcher, and rarely post about films I watch{why is that?}. But this one I really wanted to mention and share with you.

Happy Friday!






1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this...I was wondering if it was worth seeing. I will have to make sure I don't miss it.

    ReplyDelete

and this little bear said...