22.2.09

Twisted With Words

Tongue-twister:
"A sequence of words, often alliterative, difficult to articulate quickly."

~I don't know why, but I've been having tongue-twisters in my head today.
SO silly.
I used to have these tongue-twister books when I was in Elementary school.
Do you remember Scholastic-Book-Club?
Those Fridays when the teacher would send you home with that thin little newspaper-type order form.
Pictures and descriptions of dozens & dozens of books.
This was such an exciting time for me.
To turn in that order form and wait until your books came in. The teacher would call your name and you'd head up to her desk and pick up your package.
Such good times, I love that memory!
So this is when I ordered my tongue-twister book, along with a few Garfield books ;)
Here are a couple favorites that I remember:
"Betty"
Betty bought a bit of butter to put into her batter.
But the bit of butter made her batter bitter.
So Betty bought a bit of better butter to into her batter.
And the bit of better butter made her batter better!

"Pete's Pa Pete"
Pete's pa pete poked to the pea patch to pick a peck of peas for the poor pink pig in the pine hole pig-pen.
*lol*

Geez, I have a good memory! Those were two of my favorites.
Hope I didn't bore you too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

and this little bear said...