14.8.09

Succulents & Victoria



Good Morning, Morning!

I love succulents! Whenever I see them lined up at the nurseries, I can't help but pat them on their heads. They always make me smile.


I have them everywhere in my garden.


Here is the most quirky and silly of all plants that I own.

As if it's from the land of the Lorax!

And...
I'd like you to meet one of my sweet pets.
This is Victoria, she's a Leopard Tortoise. She is a approximately 9 years old. We've owned her for 6 years, she was pretty tiny when we first got her, measuring about 4 inches or so. I haven't measured her lately, but she might be almost 12 inches now.
She's gotten so big!
"Say Hello Victoria"!

She hangs out with me, when I'm watering, when it's warm outside, which is like everyday!
I have a little baby pool and she basts in the sun, snacking on leaves and flowers from my geraniums, Nasturtiums, strawberries and roses from my garden {she loves flowers}.
We'd love to build her own pen one day, when she's too big for a hawk to pick up and take away.
We have hawks, vultures, possums and raccoons in the neighborhood, so it's not all that safe.
She's still to small, in my opinion.



She's so pretty, reminds me of a Butter Ball Turkey. It's her shape and beautiful color.
{lol}


2 comments:

  1. Victoria is lovely, and so are the succulents! they have such a magical way about them, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Succulents are booming in popularity for two simple reasons: they are beautiful and nearly indestructible.

    ReplyDelete

and this little bear said...